Your generosity is amazing!
We continue to be surprised by the community’s support for our little Pantry. Our volunteer crew attracts people from across the Houston area. When we have a need, we simply ask and somehow it is met! Here are just a few ways that you have made what we do possible:
- In the first half of 2022, individuals have given more than 5,250 volunteer hours! Each week we need more than 35 volunteers to sort, bag and distribute food for our bi-weekly distributions.
- Individuals and groups have organized food, diaper and pet food drives, helped with projects around the Pantry and packaged items for distribution–thanks to the Muslim Women’s Service Group, Generation Serve, Tenaris, Iota Phi Theta Alpha Nu Omega Alumni Chapter, Memorial Hermann Greater Heights, Memorial Hermann North Loop and United Surgical Partners, Zion Lutheran Church Day Camp attendees and the youth of St. Mark’s United Methodist, St. Stephen’s United Methodist and Westbury United Methodist...to name just a few!
- Organizations have joined us during distribution to share information about affordable healthcare services, low cost medical insurance and financial education coaching.
- Books Between Kids has donated countless books for the children of the families we serve each week.
- Volunteers manned three food fairs, serving more than 750 families fresh produce and other special items.
- Our clients receive the harvest from four area gardens–thanks to Main Street Ministries, Genoa Friendship Garden, St. Mark’s United Methodist and St. Andrew’s Episcopal for sharing their bounty.
- Monetary gifts from groups and individuals sustain us. We are thankful for generous donations from the Heights Rotary Club, Houston Sports Lions Club and Heights Christian Church.
Gifts great and small bring us strength and help us continue to fulfill our mission each and every day!