The Pantry is open:
- Thursdays from 5 PM to 7 PM
- Saturdays from 10 AM to Noon
Each client MUST bring a photo I.D. and a piece of mail with current address (such as a utility bill) to every visit. Review Client Services – see what we offer and how to qualify.
Find a listing of other COVID-19 Community resources in English and in Spanish. Click here for information about rental assistance.
Adjustments in Response to COVID-19
On Thursdays, 5-7 PM and Saturdays, 10 AM – Noon, we will distribute pre-bagged groceries to clients in a drive-through system. You can help by volunteering to:
- Sort product donations, such as produce
- Prepare bags of groceries before we distribute during normal hours
- Assist with food distribution on Thursday evenings and Saturday mornings
Due to Houston Food Bank Requirements, all volunteers will have temperatures taken upon arrival, must wear masks inside the pantry, and must wear gloves during distribution. Volunteers must be at least 16 years old at this time.
- If coughing or feeling ill, clients and volunteers will not be allowed to enter.
- All carts, door and cabinet knobs are sanitized throughout the week, and before opening on Thursdays and Saturdays.
- Benches are sprayed with Lysol sanitizer.
- The Pantry is sanitized professionally each Tuesday morning.
- Hand sanitizer is available for volunteers and all are working to ensure hands are washed and an appropriate distance between individuals is maintained.
Please visit our Sign Up Genius page to see current volunteer opportunities. If you are available to pick up donations, help unload product deliveries, and assist with a variety of jobs done in the background, email firstname.lastname@example.org with your contact information. Thank you for support during this difficult time.
What else can you do to help?
- Donate product – Canned goods, non-perishable foods, toiletries and diapers can be dropped in our Feed Frank donation bin anytime.
- Financial support – Your donations help us purchase product we are unable to get elsewhere. Mail a check or donate online.
An additional challenge: supplies of hand sanitizer, antibacterial wipes and disinfectant sprays. If you come across any, and can spare them, please consider dropping them in Feed Frank, outside our side door.
How Can I Help the Food Pantry?
There are many ways to lend a hand! It’s easy to contribute by helping us feed our neighbors in need. You can volunteer your time, host a donation drive, or make a monetary donation. All gifts are appreciated and help us continue our mission of feeding our community.
Thanks for all you do to help us help others!
–Used grocery bags