The Pantry is open:
- Thursdays from 5 PM to 7 PM
- Saturdays from 10 AM to Noon
Each client MUST bring a photo I.D. and a piece of mail with current address (such as a utility bill) to every visit. Clients can visit the Pantry once every 30 days. Review Client Services – see what we offer and how to qualify.
How can you support the Pantry now?
We are distributing pre-bagged groceries on Thursdays, 5-7 PM and Saturdays, 10 AM – Noon. Volunteers are needed to:
- Sort product donations, such as produce
- Prepare bags of groceries for distribution
- Distribute food on Thursday evenings and Saturday mornings
All volunteers have temperatures taken upon arrival, must wear masks and gloves. Volunteers must be at least 16 years old at this time.
- If coughing or feeling ill, clients and volunteers will not be allowed to enter.
- All carts, door and cabinet knobs are sanitized throughout the week, and before opening on Thursdays and Saturdays.
- Benches are sprayed with Lysol sanitizer.
- The Pantry is sanitized professionally each Tuesday morning.
- Hand sanitizer is available for volunteers and all are working to ensure hands are washed and an appropriate distance between individuals is maintained.
What else can you do to help?
- Donate product – Canned goods, non-perishable foods, toiletries and diapers can be dropped in our Feed Frank donation bin anytime.
- Financial support – Your donations help us purchase product we are unable to get elsewhere. Mail a check or donate online.
An additional challenge: supplies of hand sanitizer, antibacterial wipes and disinfectant sprays. These much needed items can be dropped in Feed Frank, outside our side door.
How Can I Help the Food Pantry?
There are many ways to lend a hand! It’s easy to contribute by helping us feed our neighbors in need. You can volunteer your time, host a donation drive, or make a monetary donation. All gifts are appreciated and help us continue our mission of feeding our community.
Thanks for all you do to help us help others!
–Used grocery bags