The Pantry is open:
- Thursdays from 5 PM to 7 PM
- Saturdays from 10 AM to Noon
Clients MUST bring a photo I.D. and a piece of mail with current address (such as a utility bill) to every visit. Review Client Services – see what we offer and how to qualify.
Adjustments in Response to COVID-19
We serve the most underserved population in the Houston area. Those that visit our pantry are the working poor and families, and many are immediately affected with job hours cut or cancelled. They were lacking funds and nutrition before this crisis, and this will only get worse for them. We will continue to be open during our normal hours: Thursdays, 5-7 PM and Saturdays, 10 AM – Noon, but will distribute pre-bagged groceries to clients. You can help by:
- Sorting product donations, such as produce
- Preparing bags of groceries before we distribute during normal hours
- Assisting with food distribution on Thursday evenings and Saturday mornings
Please click the SignUp Genius link on this page to see updated volunteer opportunities. If you are available to pick up donations, help unload product deliveries, and assist with a variety of jobs done in the background, email firstname.lastname@example.org with your contact information. Thank you for support during this difficult time. Be safe and keep others in your thoughts.
In addition to changing our service procedures, we are taking extra measures to keep the Pantry sanitized and safe:
- If coughing or feeling ill, clients and volunteers will not be allowed to enter.
- All carts, door and cabinet knobs are sanitized throughout the week, and always before opening on Thursdays and Saturdays
- Benches are sprayed with Lysol sanitizer
- The Pantry is sanitized professionally each Tuesday morning
- Hand sanitizer and gloves are available for volunteers and all are working to ensure hands are washed and an appropriate distance between individuals is maintained
What else can you do to help?
- Donate product – Canned goods, non-perishable foods, toiletries and diapers can be dropped in our Feed Frank donation bin anytime.
- Financial support – Your donations help us purchase product we are unable to get elsewhere. Mail a check or donate online.
An additional challenge: supplies of hand sanitizer, antibacterial wipes and disinfectant sprays. If you come across any, and can spare them, please consider dropping them in Feed Frank, outside our side door.
How Can I Help the Food Pantry?
There are many ways to lend a hand! It’s easy to contribute by helping us feed our neighbors in need. You can volunteer your time, host a donation drive, or make a monetary donation. All gifts are appreciated and help us continue our mission of feeding our community.
Thanks for all you do to help us help others!
–Used grocery bags