There are many ways to give!
It’s impossible to list every individual, organization or group who has given to the Pantry in the last few months, but a few highlights include:
- We’ve logged more than 6,200 volunteer hours to date! That’s almost our total for all of 2019, and on track to match total 2020 volunteer hours. With our drive-through food distributions, we continue to need all the extra volunteers for sorting, bagging and distributing every week.
- Volunteers helped with repairs to our donation box (Feed Frank), and worked some carpentry magic to make our ladder to the loft in our storage shed more stable.
- With a return to more “normal” life and the availability of vaccines, we’ve seen calmer distributions and the numbers coming for food decrease a bit. Donations from individuals, surprise deliveries from Target, and excess product from area retailers help us provide more food to each family that comes.
- Service projects collected hundreds of books and countless pounds of food for our families.
- Volunteers manned two food fairs, serving close to 500 families fresh produce and other special items.
- Community gardens flourished during the summer, and clients reaped the veggie rewards.
- Financial contributions from community groups, neighbors and even the proceeds from a lemonade stand help us purchase needed supplies.
- We hired our first Intern to help with our volunteers, social media, and pantry management. What a huge help!
- Overall, we are providing our clients with more consistent, nutritious food because of your support.