Click Sign Up Genius to sign up for a
scheduled service time:
The Heights Interfaith Ministries (HIM) Food Pantry is 100% volunteer driven. We have no paid employees — our volunteers do the work of helping the hungry in our community and each one brings his or her own gifts to the Pantry. Volunteers are vital to continuing and growing the vision of the HIM Food Pantry.
We welcome all ages, and serving with us is a wonderful way for youth to earn community service hours for school, Girl Scouts, Boy Scouts, and other requirements. THE YOUTH ARE THE FUTURE OF THE PANTRY!
When can you volunteer?
- Volunteers are always needed during our regularly scheduled service times:
- Thursdays 4:30-7 pm
- Saturdays 9:30 am – Noon
- Volunteers can also work on special projects or schedule special service times:
- Hold a food drive, then bring the collected food and stock our shelves. Stocking our shelves can be done on most week days or Saturday afternoons. Check here for a list of especially needed items.
- We receive deliveries from the Houston Food Bank on Thursday mornings where lots of hands help immensely. Deliveries arrive every few weeks. We receive pallets of food that need to be unboxed and stocked in the pantry and our outside shed.
- Volunteers can pick up donations throughout the week and month at various retailers and restaurants.
- Deliver frozen boxed meals to homebound seniors.
- Plan a work day inside the Pantry – make minor repairs and handle routine maintenance.
- Build shelving inside our shed. We provide materials.
- Assist during a 5th Saturday Food Fair – we receive and distribute fresh produce and other items from a Houston Food Bank truck. These are held from 8:30 am – 12:30 pm on 5th Saturdays throughout the year. Our next 5th Saturday event will be in February 29, 2020.
Got other ideas? Contact the Food Pantry to set up your volunteer event!
♥ We love our volunteers! ♥