Neighbors helping neighbors end hunger
The Heights Interfaith Ministries (HIM) is a corporation organized in Texas and has a not-for-profit 501(c)3 tax status with the federal government. We are a member of the Houston Food Bank. Which mean that we purchase about 80% of our food from the Houston Food Bank at low prices, the balance of the food comes from donations from the general public. We serve residents in all zip codes of Houston, Texas.
We are supported by the following member churches as well as other community organizations.
- Christ the King Catholic Church
- St. Mark’s United Methodist Church
- The Vineyard
- Zion Lutheran Church
- St. Andrew’s Episcopal Church
- The Church at 1548 Heights
- To provide generous, nutritious groceries to all who seek help.
- To deliver frozen meals and groceries to senior home bound.
- To encourage Heights gardeners to contribute fresh produce.
- To increase our membership with Heights religious and community organizations.
The food pantry is 100% volunteer operated and is administered by a volunteer board of directors composed of representatives selected by each of its member organizations.
- Volunteer Board of Directors
Patsy Sakowitz, President – Member of Zion Lutheran Church
Madison Navarre, Secretary – Member of The Vineyard Church
Alex Taylor, Treasurer – Member of St. Mark’s United Methodist Church Mary O’Sullivan, Yolanda Sanches – Member of Christ the King Catholic Church Chris Schultz – Member Zion Lutheran Church
Jennifer Moffett – Member of St. Mark’s United Methodist Church and Senior Meals Delivery Coordinator Marlena Cantu – Member of the Vineyard Church Scott and Susan Miller – Member of The Church at 1548 Heights Blvd. Thad Pugh – Member of The Church at 1548 Heights Blvd. David Barnett – Member of St. Andrews Episcopal Church Christy Andrews – Member of St. Andrews Episcopal Church Aice Bongers, Executive Director Alicia Reyes-Fundraising Coordinator